The topics of management and leadership are important to a healthy and productive organization. Students will write a paper focused on the human side of management and leadership using information from the course material, plus any supplemental material provided to you or from your own research.
This paper requires student to reflect on the various topics covered in chapters 6-8 and then select three aspects of the human side of management and leadership and write about what is valuable to you, not to employees or other stakeholders within an organization. In writing this short paper, students are expected to explain why each aspect is valued and why. In explaining why, students must support their reasoning using the course material.
Students need to avoid taking articles and writing the paper around the article. Course material and articles contain information that will help students support their reasoning and it the reflection of the material that will provide the basis for the paper.
By completing this assignment, students will meet the outcome(s):
- identify the critical business functions and how they interact in order to position the organization to be effective in the current business environment
- explain the importance of the integration of individuals and systems to organizational effectiveness
- describe the ethical and social responsibilities that confront a business
Required Elements of the Short Paper:
- Identify three aspects of the human side of management and leadership that you value from the readings;
- Explain why you value these aspects;
- Apply the material learned in the course to support the reasoning of why you value these aspects.
Required Formatting of Paper:
- This report should be double spaced, 12-point font, and two to three pages in length excluding the title page and reference page;
- Title page;
- Introductory paragraph and a summary paragraph
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations and a reference page. You are expected to paraphrase and not use quotes. Deductions will be taken when quotes are used and found to be unnecessary;
- Submit the paper in the Assignment Folder.
I can provide the chapters of reading for this as well.