Choose any painting, and address the following:
- Explain the artistic movement associated with the work of art.
- Describe the style of the artist (How is the artist unique within the movement?)
- Examine in some depth the influences that shaped the work. Address at least 2of the following:
- Stylistic influences
- Subject/content influences
- Cross-disciplinary influences such as literature, philosophy, music, science, technology, etc.
- Historical influences
- Political influences
- Reflect on your learning.
- How did your research enhance your appreciation of the artwork?
- How does understanding the context of a work help in interpreting it?
Include the following in your paper:
- Name of the painting
- Name of the artist
- Date created
- Image of the painting
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 650-800 words (not including title page, references page, or caption for artwork)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 3 scholarly sources