The business model canvas has become a very popular tool for articulating how a proposed business will create and generate value and generate efficiencies to deliver that value. The purpose of this exercise is to translate an opportunity idea into a viable solution capable of delivering on its intended value. This means determining the content for the nine business model components of the canvas necessary for the business to succeed.
What to Do (and How to Do It):
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, please review Chapter 8 in the text, and watch Business Model Canvas Explained (Links to an external site.), an informative video on the concept of a business model canvas (Strategyzer, 2011).
You are going to create a business model canvas for a selected business opportunity idea that describes the value to be generated and the approach to delivering that value.
- Access the
in your online classroom, and then click on blue â€œUSE TEMPLATEâ€ in the upper right corner of the screen to load the form into your Google Drive.
- Select one of the business opportunity ideas from your groupâ€™s Opportunity Ocean Voyage discussion in Week 2 to use in completing your Business Model Canvas.
- Label the form with a title, your name, and any other relevant information you would like to include.
- For each of the nine component blocks of your canvas, provide text or sticky note that describes what you believe the content should be for your business opportunity idea.
- When the canvas is complete, attach your document in the Interactivity 2: My Business Model Canvas discussion forum.
- In your post, discuss your reasoning for the content in each of the blocks of your canvas.
- Describe how you would use your canvas to create a business model for your idea.
- Review the posts of at least two classmates, and reply with a meaningful assessment of their business model canvases.
Guided Response: Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length. Support your response with examples from required materials and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.
I’ll get you the textbook link and password and any other things you may need